NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – More than 50 homes in a three-block radius were evacuated in Old Hickory Village after crews hit a gas line Tuesday.
Officials told News 2 crews the Nashville Electric Service hit a gas line. The Nashville Fire Department reported the shut off was located just before 8 p.m.
“I came outside – the smell was so strong and so acidic. It just, you know what natural gas smells like, and this was just horrible,” resident Teri Wildt said.
The evacuations lasted for several hours for residents near the 1400 block of Elliston and Bryan streets.