NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Crews with the Nashville Fire Department were called to a fire at a Bellevue apartment complex early Tuesday morning.
It started around 3:15 a.m. at the Waterford Place Apartments off Highway 70 near Old Hickory Boulevard.
A man who lived in one of the burning apartments told News 2 he and his brother had to jump from a second-floor window to escape.
Three people in total were able to escape the burning apartment.
The fire appears to have started in an upstairs unit. The bottom floor of the unit sustained smoke and water damage.
Eight people are displaced from four units, two of which were destroyed.
The resident of the upstairs apartment said three kittens were inside the unit. It is unknown if they survived.
Two days after the fire, authorities told News 2 a cause still can’t be determined. The inspection of the electrical lighting branch wiring and outlets showed no cause for this fire.