NWS says 3 tornadoes hit Middle Tennessee Thursday night

Hwy 166 between Mt. Pleasant and Hampshire at Gilliam Farms (Courtesy: Todd Gilliam)

There are multiple videos inside this story. Click here to watch them all from the News 2 app. 

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The National Weather Service has confirmed three tornadoes touched down in Middle Tennessee during Thursday’s storms.

The first tornado touched down in Mt. Pleasant in Maury County, at 5:20 p.m. The EF-0 had sustained winds of 75 mph with a path a mile-and-a-half long.

An EF-1, with winds of 95 mph, hit Bordeaux located northwest of Nashville at 11:30 p.m. It stayed on the ground for two minutes and cut a path 75 yards wide for close to 3/4 of a mile.

A third tornado touched down in Southeast Nashville, in the Foxwood Community around 11:45 p.m. It stayed on the ground for about one minute.

The EF-0 had winds of 75 mph and a path of about one mile. Officials said several trees were uprooted as the tornado ripped through the area, and others were snapped. An 18-wheeler parked at a warehouse on River Hills Drive was blown over.

PHOTOS: Harvey brings severe weather to Middle Tennessee

Other parts of Middle Tennessee dealt with heavy flooding as the storms pushed through the area Thursday night.

“I’ve lived here all my life and I have never seen Sycamore Creek with the velocity of water that was coming out of Sycamore Creek into the Cumberland River as I did this morning.” Capt. Matt Waldron with the Ashland City Fire Department said.

Other parts of Cheatham County sustained high winds, snapping tree branches.

Some residents told News 2 the flooding reminded them of the historic flood of 2010.

“We’ve been monitoring the situation all day and it’s still rising and it doesn’t look like it’s going to recede anytime soon,” said resident Jamie Douglas. “We’ve got to go through it again, seven years later, here we go. We rebuilt from the 2010 flood and I’m hoping we don’t have to do it again.”

In Bordeaux, some residents had to be evacuated because of high water. On Friday, in some areas, several inches of water still stood.

One resident told News 2 he pumped water out of his crawl space on Friday.

“You’re praying that it’s not as bad as 2010,” Kevin Bledsoe said. “It rained all night – poured down. We were lucky, but who wants to deal with this every time it rains?”

Another resident said they planned to sell their home because they could not continue to deal with the flooding concerns.