NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Can’t wait for Christmas? Now’s your chance to get into the holiday spirit.
Our radio partners at JACKfm are starting early with their annual ‘Bikes or Bust’ campaign.
They’re raising money to buy hundreds of bicycles for deserving children through the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program.
The campaign kicked off earlier in August. Volunteers are taking donations from Noon – 1 p.m. at local Walmarts. And if you give something you can get something for your family.
For a $20 donation to Toys for Tots you get a ticket to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. Families who make an $80 donation can get 4 tickets. The park is open weekends through October.
All money raised through ‘Bikes or Bust’ goes toward buying bikes that are donated to the USMC Toys for Tots.
JACKfm staffers continue taking donations at area Walmarts this month, from Noon – 1 p.m. on these days:
- August 15 – Walmart CoolSprings (Mallory Ln.)
- August 16 – Walmart Hermitage (Lebanon Pk.)
- August 17 – Walmart Murfreesboro (Old Fort Pkwy)
- August 18 – Walmart Mt. Juliet (Pleasant Grove Rd.)
- August 22 – Walmart Nashville (4040 Nolensville Pike)
- August 23 – Hendersonville (204 Anderson Lane)
- August 24 – Madison (2232 Gallatin Pike)
The fundraisers in August are the warm-up for a grand finale event on November 17 – 20 at Providence Marketplace in Mt. Juliet.
The team at JACKfm raises enough money every year to buy 550 bikes, making Christmas special for hundreds of kids.