LAWRENCEBURG, Tenn. (WKRN) – Two officers are credited with helping to save residents from a fire Sunday at a senior living facility in Lawrenceburg.
The fire was reported around midnight at the Lawrence Lions Home on Geri Street.
According to the Lawrenceburg Police Chief, officers Rick Osborne and William Jewett went inside to evacuate the three-story building and helped carry out some residents.
Osborne was taken to an area hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. He has since been released.
Fire investigators told News 2, the fire on the second floor of the building was caused by a resident leaving food on the stove while visiting a neighboring apartment.