MILLERSVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A home was destroyed by a fire that also damaged neighboring houses Monday afternoon in Millersville.
Two fire crews responded to the blaze on Lassiter Drive around before 1:30 p.m.
Officials at the scene told News 2 one house caught fire, which then melted the siding of both homes next door.
The family who lives there–a husband, wife, and their three children–moved in just two weeks ago. They’ve lost everything.
“I had brand new furniture, a brand new bed, brand new TVs… Everything is gone. Everything,” Brittney Bates said through tears.
Bates had just left to go pick up her children at school when a friend called and told her the house was engulfed.
“Within a matter of seven to eight minutes, my house was up in flames,” she told News 2. “This is just devastating. I have three small children and a family.”
Bates did say she’s extremely grateful no one was hurt and that her children were at school at the time the fire broke out. A GoFundMe was set up to help the family. Click here to donate.
One firefighter was injured, somehow receiving a deep cut on his arm. He was treated at the scene by his fellow firemen but will require some stitches. No other injuries were reported.
Later Monday night, Chief Thomas King with the Millersville Fire Department says it was likely caused by an electrical malfunction in the home.
House fire in Millersville
House fire in Millersville x
Pipe bomb found inside Clarksville home’s garage
Santa visits Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital
Macon County inmate escape
Crash involving Murfreesboro officer
Pet of the Week for Dec. 4, 2017
Thanksgiving at the mission
Murfreesboro, Shelbyville massage arrests
Better Days Barbecue
Wayne County stolen items
Pet of the Week for Nov. 13, 2017