NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Every year, Americans are scammed out of billions dollars of their hard-earned money due to scammers. The Federal Bureau of Investigation gets calls every day from people scammed out of their money.
News 2 is taking an in-depth look at the scams affecting Middle Tennesseans throughout the day Thursday beginning at 4 a.m.
We will highlight the latest trends and tactics scammers are using, the most popular scams and ones you’ve never heard of, and will inform you on ways to protect yourself and fight back.
CrimeTracker: Scam Busters stories include:
- Metro police’s fraud unit investigates thousands of complaints each year
- Industry experts warn of child modeling scams
- Warm weather brings out scammers targeting lawns
- Sheriff’s office uses social media to warn residents of scams
- When scammers prey on seniors, Tennessee program is there to help
- Scammers target people looking for love online
- What is the Tax Scam and how can you avoid falling victim?
- Nashville roofing company accused of taking money but not doing work
- What can you do to protect yourself from concert ticket scammers?
The Better Business Bureau is answering calls for anyone who wants to report or ask questions about scams during our 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. newscasts. Give them a call at 615-482-1040.