NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Accidents in and around the home are a significant cause of deaths and injuries in children across Middle Tennessee.
On Thursday, News 2 focused on new information and recommendations to help families stay safe.
In each newscast, we reported the latest tips and trends involving safety in and around the home, in your car, and even on the playing field with topics including fire safety, sleep safety for babies, gun safety in the home and preventing accidental poisoning.
In addition, we will featured experts from Vanderbilt University live in the News 2 studio with the latest information and advice on several different topics.
Stories covered in News 2 Family Safety Day include:
- Tennessee football teams turn to new technology to help prevent concussions
- Mobile apps help parents keep track of teen’s driving
- 6 tips to help your family survive a house fire
- Experts outline safest sleep practices for babies
- Experts spin wheel of safety to help educate families
- How much sleep do teens need before safely getting behind the wheel?
- Children and guns: Firearm-related deaths rise in Tennessee
- Tips to keep seniors safe, healthy in their homes
- Check your car seat: Majority installed improperly in Tennessee
- How to keep your kids safe from common household products
- Does your family have a home fire escape plan?