NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Nashville is in the midst of historic growth, a changing skyline and dozens of new residents arriving every day.
News 2 continued its Nashville 2017 project Thursday with stories in every newscast that look at the impact of the city’s epic boom.
The hospitality industry has always been a major key to Nashville’s economy and new hotels are a huge part of the city’s changing skyline, with more than 12,000 rooms currently under construction or in the planning phases.
Additionally, more than 100 new restaurants are expected to open in the Nashville area this year.
News 2 also hosted a town hall meeting at the Music City Center Thursday night with several community members and state leaders to discuss how Middle Tennessee should manage the growth of Music City. Click here to watch the event.
Stories included in Nashville 2017:
- FACTS: Nashville’s growth in numbers
- Nashville continues to change, grow amid historic development
- Nashville’s ‘it city’ status brings in things other cities want
- As real estate market booms, where are Nashville’s hottest neighborhoods?
- Relocation businesses thrive as Nashville’s population grows
- Family-owned Arnold’s credits locals for 34 years of success
- Has Nashville become ‘it’ city for sports, too?
- Restaurant industry grows, creating high risk for foodies headed to Nashville
- Dreamers set up shop in Nashville as city experiences historic growth
- As many as 12,000 new hotel rooms in works for Nashville