Equipment malfunction triggers smoke alarm at Stewarts Creek High School

Photo: WKRN

SMYRNA, Tenn. (WKRN) — School officials say an equipment malfunction triggered a smoke alarm at Stewarts Creek High School Tuesday.

Assistant Principal Tim Lake said an HVAC equipment malfunction caused a buildup of smoke that triggered the alarms and initiated the school’s fire safety evacuation plan.

The Smyrna Fire Department responded and cleared the building.

Students returned to class later in the afternoon.