NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The Nashville International Airport is increasing its security Friday afternoon after a deadly shooting in Florida.
In addition to its normal security, the airport is implementing the following measures:
• Moved additional patrol units to the terminal to inspect baggage claim and ground transportation levels.
• Added extra patrol vehicles to locations in front of airport on several levels.
• Rapid response team has also been alerted.
• Coordinating directly with FBI & TSA.
• EOD & K-9 teams are already at the airport performing their normal functions.
At least five people were killed and eight others were hurt after a gunman opened fire at Fort Lauderdale airport around noon Friday.
A motive has not been determined.