MADISON, Tenn. (WKRN) – Authorities say a Madison mobile home fire that has now claimed the lives of three people, including two small children, was accidental.
According to a release from the Nashville Fire Department, the was caused by an electrical issue in the Cheyenne Blvd. home.
Two children, ages 2 and 5, died after they were transported to Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital in Nashville early Friday morning. According to police, a 28-year-old man identified as Luciano Mejia-Sunun, died from his injuries on Sunday at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
A fourth person who was also injured in the fire, told investigators that he was woken up by the sounds of a smoke alarm in the mobile home just after midnight. Investigators say they have not yet found any smoke alarms in the debris.
Police said the children’s mother was at work when the fire started.