Heating unit at Tullahoma High malfunctions, causes small fire

Photo: WKRN
Photo: WKRN

TULLAHOMA, Tenn. (WKRN) – A heating unit malfunctioned at Tullahoma High Monday night, causing a small fire to break out.

The fire began at around 5:45 p.m. and an alarm was pulled by custodians on duty.

Tullahoma Fire Department arrived at the scene a short time later and the fire was quickly extinguished.

Minimal smoke and water damage occurred in one classroom.

School will be in session tomorrow, according to officials.