NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – It’s going to look a lot like Christmas as Music City gears up for the 63rd annual Nashville Christmas Parade.
The popular event will take place on Saturday, Dec. 3 starting at 9 a.m. Several roads will be closed before and during the parade.
They are as follows:
Friday – Dec. 2, 2016
- All day – 5th Avenue will be closed from Demonbreun to Broadway.
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Portions of Broadway will be closed from 4th Avenue to 6th Avenue.
Saturday – Dec. 3, 2016
- 2 a.m. to 1 p.m. – 5th Avenue will be closed to unauthorized traffic from Demonbreun to Commerce Street.
- 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Portions of Broadway will close to traffic from 4th Avenue to 6th Avenue.
- 5 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. – Portions of Broadway will begin closing to traffic from 16th Avenue to 1st Avenue Cross traffic on 6th Avenue will be allowed until 8:45 a.m.
- 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Commerce Street will be closed on the block between 8th Avenue and 9th Avenue Portions of 9th Avenue between Broadway and Commerce Street also will be closed during this period.
- 5 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – 12th Avenue between Demonbreun and Porter will be closed.
- 5 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Broadway will be closed from 8th Avenue to 16th Avenue for parade assembly.
- 6 a.m. – Side streets from Demonbreun to Church Street will begin closing systematically, along with 2nd Avenue.
- 8 a.m. – Woodland Street Bridge to Interstate Drive will be closed.
- 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – The remaining parade route will reopen behind the last parade element on a rolling basis as the parade progresses to the base of the Woodland Street Bridge.
The Nashville Christmas Parade will air on News 2. To learn more about the event and who’s expected to attend, click here.