NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – While the Metro police Gang Unit was serving a warrant Tuesday, authorities say they uncovered an illegal drug operation.
Police say the operation was found at 4820 Highlander Cove in Antioch while serving a probation violation on 52-year-old Thomas Shepherd.
Shepherd is on lifetime supervision for rape, according to Metro police, and he was taken into custody after officers knocked on the door.
A press release states a strong odor of marijuana was smelled and a search was conducted.
Police say 1.5 pounds of marijuana, 1.5 ounces of cocaine, 17 Xanax pills, drug paraphernalia, gambling tickets, three pistols—one stolen, and $850 in cash were seized.
Five other people were arrested in addition Shepherd and face multiple felony weapon and drug possession charges.
Those arrested are:
- Convicted felon Kevin Strickland, 55, of 4820 Highlander Cove
- Jentri Peebles, 22, of 4820 Highlander Cove
- Convicted robber and parolee Kimar Peebles, 27, of Edencrest Drive
- Convicted felon Rossie Ellison, 37, of Hyde Street
- Yolanda Peebles, 45, of 4820 Highlander Cove