MT. JULIET, Tenn. (WKRN) – At least two acres were burned during a brush fire in Mt. Juliet Monday.
It happened on Curd Road, not too far away from Mt. Juliet Road, around 10:45 a.m.
The area was closed to motorists for a short time as crews worked to extinguish the fire.
Authorities on the scene told News 2 the fire was likely caused from a cigarette being thrown out a window.
“Due to the unconditional warm temperatures we had late into the season, and the lack of measurable precipitation, the thatch and the undergrowth catch real quick,” said Chief Jamie Luffman with the Fire Department of Mt. Juliet.
No houses or other property were damaged.