NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A man Metro police say has burglarized eight East Nashville businesses over the month of October was arrested Thursday.
Clarence Wright Jr, 21, now faces eight counts of burglary and one count of attempted burglary.
According to a press release, Wright was taken into custody after being pulled over for a traffic violation.
Police say he matched the suspect description in the burglaries and a small safe was found inside his car.
Wright allegedly confessed to taking the safe from Rudie’s Seafood restaurant on McGavock Pike.
Metro police say the 21-year-old further admitted to burglarizing the following businesses:
- Rumors East, 1112 Woodland Street, on October 24
- Mini Market, 839 Cleveland Street, on October 20
- East Nashville BBQ Co., 829 Lischey Avenue, on October 20
- Burger Up, 970 Woodland Street, on October 13
- Atomic Nashville (attempted), 1603 Riverside Drive, on October 11
- Pied Piper Eatery, 1601 Riverside Drive, on October 11
- Far East, 1008 Fatherland Street, on October 6
- Pizza Real, 203 North 11th Street, on October 2
Wright, of Myrtle Street in East Nashville, is jailed in lieu of $90,000 dollars. He is due in court on Monday, Oct. 31.
Metro police also say the investigation is ongoing.
News 2 is committed to tracking crime across Middle Tennessee. Visit wkrn.com/crimetracker for the latest.