Home under construction destroyed by fire in Nolensville

Courtesy: Angela Sadler
Courtesy: Angela Sadler

NOLENSVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A home under construction was destroyed in a fast moving fire in Nolensville late Wednesday morning.

It happened just after 10 a.m. on Summerlyn Drive, not too far from Nolensville Road, as Atmos contractors were establishing gas service to the home.

Courtesy: Angela Sadler
Courtesy: Angela Sadler

According to officials, the line, which was in front of the home, was tapped and then curved, causing the gas fire.

“Due to wind direction, and under the placement of that gas line, the fire extended to the house. Upon our arrival, it was fully involved in the second story,” explained Mark Hall with the Nolensville Volunteer Fire Department.

The home is considered a complete loss.

A contractor suffered burns on his hands. His injures are not severe.