Another is Wednesday is here and that means NFL Power Rankings!
We start at the bottom, because it’s easier and fun!!!
32. Cleveland Browns (0-6) – I actually gained respect for the Browns in defeat. Their run defense was solid, Terrell Pryor is a player and Cody Kessler took a beating and kept competing.
31. San Francisco 49ers (1-5) – Winless since the opener and now they’ve got Colin Kaepernick under center. They still don’t look good.
30. NY Jets (1-5) – I was going to rank them higher, then they named Geno Smith the starting QB. They’re lucky not to be 32.
29. Chicago Bears (1-5) – MVP of the AFC South… They’ve already lost to the Texans, Colts and Jags.
28. Carolina Panthers (1-5) – Easily the most disappointing team in the NFL. That secondary is a disaster. On the positive side, they’re a great team to go against in fantasy football.
27. Miami Dolphins (2-4) – Their win over the Steelers may go down as the biggest shocker of 2016.
26. Indianapolis Colts (2-4) – Use to seeing the Colts pull games out, not blow them… They’ve rallied to win two games late and absolutely given two away. Outside of Andrew Luck this team is bad.
25. Tampa Bay Bucs (2-3) – Jameis Winston has been a turnover machine this season. 8 interceptions and 4 fumbles, yet I don’t hear anyone saying “regression” about his sophomore season.
24. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-3) – That may have been a season saving rally in Chicago. Allen Robinson hasn’t disappeared, but he hasn’t blown up either.
23. Cincinnati Bengals (2-4) – This one’s a head scratcher. Check out the schedule though, it’s been brutal.
22. New Orleans Saints (2-3) – They can score, especially in the Dome, but defensively they still can’t be trusted. They squandered a massive lead against the Cats. Plug those Chiefs into your fantasy lineups!
21. San Diego Chargers (2-4) – They looked good against the Broncos, for 55 minutes. I can’t escape the image of Mike McCoy in the final minutes though. I still see this thing unraveling and probably in a major way Sunday in Atlanta.
20. Los Angeles Rams (3-3) – Even on Case Keenum’s best day they still lost. That’s not a good sign. How many of you are going to get roped in to adding Kenny Britt this week?
19. Tennessee Titans (3-3) – Won a game when they couldn’t do what they wanted. Their defense now ranks in the top 10 and is 4th with 18 sacks. Marcus Mariota also has 6 TD passes during their first 2 game win streak since 2013.
18. Detroit Lions (3-3) – Another team on a win streak. Golden Tate finally game to life last week as Marvin Jones appears to be falling back to Earth.
17. Baltimore Ravens (3-3) – They started 3-0,I feel like I’ve got them overrated, but they get high marks for firing Trestman.
16. Houston Texans (4-2) – Should i believe in this team more? They’re only losses are to the Patriots and Vikings and last I saw those teams are good. Osweiller has to be better.
15. New York Giants (3-3) – Talented but too inconsistent for my taste. The NFC East is going to be a marathon this season, just a hunch they don’t survive it.
14. Arizona Cardinals (3-3) – They looked impressive against the Jets… Then again… Let’s just focus on this, Kurt Warner isn’t the only great player from Northern Iowa. David Johnson is really, really good.
13. Philadelphia Eagles (3-2) – Another team that was 3-0, but isn’t anymore… They’ve got their hands full with Minnesota, but Minnesota could struggle with that defense in Philly.
12. Oakland Raiders (4-2) – That tandem of Crabtree and Cooper is filthy, but their defense… Well, it’s still not real good.
11. Washington Redskins (4-2) – Looked good against Philly and did it without Jordan Reed. They’re growing on me… Like a fungus.
10. Kansas City Chiefs (3-2) – Impressive win over the Raiders and they got that ground game going and now they’ve got Jamaal Charles back.
9. Buffalo Bills (4-2) – Undefeated since firing the O-C. I ripped Ryan for it. Looks who’s stupid now! That would be me.
8. Green Bay Packers (3-2) – Their passing game simply is not passing. Last year we blamed the injury on Jordy Nelson and now the finger is pointing at Aaron Rodgers and that cheesy smell from Green Bay smells like limburger.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2) – I know Big Ben got hurt but they got beat down by a team that released 2 starters on the offensive line. Have to wonder if they were ready?
6. Denver Broncos (4-2) – 2 losses in a row and suddenly looking very mortal. The loudest concern seems to be about their young QB’s the last 2 weeks, but maybe it should be about CJ Anderson, the offensive line and the run game.
5. Atlanta Falcons (4-2) – Another team that actually earned more respect in defeat. Back to back trips to Denver and Seattle and they went 1-1 with a near miss in Seattle. This team is legit.
4. Minnesota Vikings (5-0) – Yes, I know they’re still undefeated but head to head I would take any of the top 3. Still concerned about o-line injuries and inability to run the ball.
3. Seattle Seahawks (4-1) – Still not sold on the offense, but once again Russell Wilson shows he’s the man in crunch time.
2. Dallas Cowboys (5-1) – They just look more impressive every week. Dak Prescott doesn’t have a lot left to prove. The Dallas defense may be just as surprising. It was terrible last year.
1. New England Patriots (5-1) – 2-0 and looking unbeatable with Brady back under center. If you find a weakness let me know.