Crews able to extinguish fire at Murfreesboro home

Fire department truck lights
Photo: WKRN

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (WKRN) — Murfeesboro fire crews were able to extinguish a grease fire at a home Thursday afternoon.

Six crews arrived at the home located on the 3400 block of Blaze Drive at 2 p.m.

Acting Shift Commander Raymond Smith said a teenager was cooking when a grease fire occurred. They were able to turn off the stove and run to a neighbor’s home for help.

The fire spread during that delay, according to Smith, but the neighbor did instruct the teen to call 911.

They were able to extinguish the fire quickly, containing most of the damage to the kitchen of the home although other areas of the home did receive smoke damage.

The family will be displaced but will not require help from the Red Cross.