SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A child is being credited for saving the lives of four people who apparently overdosed at a house party in Springfield, Massachusetts, over the weekend.
A group of three to four children and teens were upstairs, when the overdoses occurred just feet away. A 12-year-old girl found the four women, unconscious, and called 911 early Sunday morning.
Springfield Police Lt. David Kane told 22 News the four women had apparently overdosed on heroin, after they returned to the home following a night out.
When police got there, they found two of the four women didn’t have pulses. All four were given the opiate reversal drug Naloxone. They were then taken to Mercy Medical Center and Baystate Medical Center in Springfield.
An update on their conditions was not immediately known.
Police said a group of three to four children and teenagers had been left home alone earlier in the night, and were playing video games upstairs, when the apparent overdoses occurred.
The Department of Children and Families has been notified. At last check, no criminal charges had been filed.
22 News called police Monday morning to find out whether the children are now in DCF custody, but they couldn’t give provide an answer.
Additional information was not released.