Lebanon boy injured after falling from building in town square

(Photo: WKRN)

LEBANON, Tenn. (WKRN) – A 15-year-old boy is out of the hospital Tuesday after reportedly falling off of a building.

It happened Friday night in Lebanon, right off the town square, where police say a boy was jumping from building to building.

Michael Sanders owns North Cumberland Guns and Ammo in the square; the boy fell in an enclosed area behind his business.

Sanders told News 2 he has seen kids climbing the walls of the buildings many times before.

(Photo: WKRN)
(Photo: WKRN)

“I’ve seen kids coming down drainpipes. It’s not a playground; you can get hurt back there and you should stay off the rooftops,” he said.

According to Sanders, kids shimmy up drain pipes and poles to make their way up.

“They run from building to building. Don’t know if they enjoy the view or for sport, but it has been happening for some time,” he explained.

Surveillance video from Friday night around 9 p.m. shows young people in the alleyway behind Sanders’ shop.

You can see them congregating and pointing up to something on the roof, and a shadowy figure to the right of the screen of someone climbing the building.

The surveillance also shows someone throw something down to one of the people in the alley.

Roughly an hour later, Lebanon police arrive at the scene. According to their report, they are responding to a vague report that someone has fallen off the roof.

(Photo: WKRN)
(Photo: WKRN)

Despite a lengthy search, law enforcement found nothing. Then another call came to 911; a man at Burger King across the street said someone is hurt.

“Jumped off another building and missed,” the caller told dispath.
Soon, the video shows citizens, cops, and firemen back on the scene.

According to the police report, a boy’s fenit cry is hear but crews don’t know where he is.

Lebanon fire crews go to the roof of the Jackson Hewitt Tax Building and look down. That’s when they find the 15-year-old injured boy laying in a court yard only accessible through the tax building.

The boy was rescued and taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center for treatment.

So far no one has been charged. Officials at Vanderbilt say the boy has since been discharged. The extent of his injuries weren’t immediately known.