FRANKLIN, Tenn. (WKRN) – A tanker-truck overturned near an Interstate 65 ramp in Franklin Friday morning.
It happened near the Peytonsville Road exit onto I-65 South around 6:15 a.m.
According to a fire official at the scene, the tanker was making a left-hand turn onto the interstate when it overturned.
The driver was not injured. The truck was carrying hydraulic fluid but it was deemed not hazardous.
A small amount of diesel fuel did leak from one of the tanks.
The scene will not clear until early Friday afternoon until a tanker from Chattanooga arrives to unload the fluid.
Franklin police released suggested detours and access routes:
- Both eastbound straight lanes of Peytonsville Road are blocked, but passable with police assistance.
- The two eastbound lanes to I-65 North are open and flowing;
- There is currently no I-65 South access from westbound Peytonsville Road;
- Eastbound traffic is able to access I-65 South;
- Motorists are able to access I-65 North from either direction on Peytonsville Road.