It’s Wednesday and that means NFL Power Rankings and we’ve only seen three weeks of games so the moves are still more dramatic…
No real surprises at the top or bottom, but a total mess in between!
32. Cleveland Browns (0-3) – The Browns are terrible, but not as terrible as I expected. I’m actually impressed they’ve found a way to get production from Terrell Pryor and Josh Gordon comes back next week.
31. Chicago Bears (0-3) – The Bears are just terrible and now more terrible with Kyle Fuller headed for I-R. Maybe not the most terrible thing to happen is the injury to Jeremy Langrod, because it looks like Jordan Howard is not terrible.
30. New Orleans Saints (0-3) – Their defense could be the league’s most terrible. Offensively they’ve got the goods, but they say one bad apple spoils the bunch and they have 11 on the other side of the ball.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-3) – Perhaps the league’s most disappointing team. It takes time to put new pieces together, especially when you need even more new pieces. It would also help if Blake Bortles figured out which team to throw to.
28. Miami Dolphins (1-2) – When your only victory is a squeeker at home over the Browns it does not instill confidence. So many big names, so little results.
27. San Francisco 49ers (1-2) – Two blowout losses have followed that stunner over the Rams on the opening weekend. I know Chip Kelly is as stubborn as they come, but how long can he stick with Blaine Gabbert? I feel bad for Carlos Hyde, he’s a nice player.
26. Tampa Bay Bucs (1-2) – I was amazed to see the Bucs are surrendering more points per game (33.7) than the Saint (32)… But, they’ve won a game.
25. Indianapolis Colts (1-2) – Only a home game with the Chargers saved them from an (0-3) start as San Diego stole defeat from the jaws of victory in true Ken Whisenhunt fashion.
24. Tennessee Titans (1-2) – 3 games that all looked similar, DeMarco Murray’s been great, Marcus Mariota needs to take better care of the ball and he needs Walker & Wright back. Defense is playing well enough to win.
23. San Diego Chargers (1-2) – This team “could be” 3-0, but it’s not.
22. Detroit Lions (1-2) – I have to admit defeat. I hated the Marvin Jones contract, but he has absolutely been worth it. They are soooo banged up on defense.
21. Buffalo Bills (1-2) – They whacked Arizona good… Now who are they? We should know more after the Bills play the Pats.
20. Washington Redskins (1-2) – Big win over the Giants, but still surrending over 30 points per game. Cousins certainly is proving that “sharing is caring”, he’s thrown 24 balls at Reed, Jackson and Crowder each.
19. New York Jets (1-2) – How good is Ryan Fitzpatrick? Just good enough to get you fired.
18. L-A Rams (2-1) – After that stinker against San Fran they’ve knocked off Seattle and Tampa Bay, but sticking with Case Keenum puts a ceiling on this team.
17. Oakland Raiders (2-1) – 2 wins… A 2 point conversion in New Orleans and 2 big penalties in Nashville, they’ve had some breaks go their way. Getting back David Amerson should help out that defense, he was lights out against the Titans.
16. Houston Texans (2-1) – I’m trying to figure out who this team is struggling to score with all of those weapons… There’s only one answer, Brock Osweiller. They’ve got to turn him loose to take the next step. Fuller & Hopkins are too good, get them the ball…
15. Atlanta Falcons (2-1) – 104 points in 3 games is amazing… Doing it against the Raiders, Bucs and Saints isn’t. We’ll find out just what this team is the next 3 weeks as the Falcons face Carolina, Denver and Seattle all in a row… Ouch, 2-4 is just around the corner, unless….
14. New York Giants (2-1) – The additions to the defense have paid off, but Eli has to control the turnovers. They go to Minnesota and Green Bay the next two weeks. I expect 2 losses.
13. Kansas City Chiefs (2-1) – Jeremy Maclin is their only weapon on the outside, but Ware and Kelce have gotten it done to this point. Look forward to seeing them every time someone brings up Ryan Fitzpatrick and turnovers over the next 20 years.
12. Dallas Cowboys (2-1) – Pull off the bandaid! Just go with Prescott already! Won’t be easy the next couple of weeks with Dez Bryant hurt again…
11. Cincinnati Bengals (1-2) – They’ve got a get well game Thursday with the Dolphins in Cincy. They really need Tyler Eifert back to complete their offensive picture.
10. Baltimore Ravens (3-0) – 2nd ranked defense in the NFL, but Joe Flacco and that offense are only averaging 19 points per game. They have to get better. Steve Smith is coming along.
9. Arizona Cardinals (1-2) – This is the team everyone seems to want to brush aside their problems. I’m not, they’ve got issues. They got blown out in Buffalo and Carson Palmer is struggling with 9 sacks, 4 INT’s and apparently Larry Fitzgerald is the only receiver who can get open.
8. Carolina Panthers (1-2) – They got beat up by the Vikings… I mean beat up! Cam Newton may be huge, but he’s not indestructible. They have to get things tightened up.
7. Philadelphia Eagles (3-0) – I wasn’t a believer, but that was an absolute beatdown of the Steelers. Why in the world were they talking about not even dressing Carson Wentz? That statement seems silly, is Teddy Bridgewater’s knee injury the best thing to ever happen to Philly? The hiring of Jim Schwartz sure hasn’t hurt.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) – I still love this team, but that was a beating. Deangelo Williams has been good, but Leveon Bell will make this team even better.
5. Green Bay Packers (2-1) – I knew once you put Rodgers & Nelson back in Lambeau Field they would light it up and they did. They’re great on the home field.
4. Seattle Seahawks (2-1) – That offensive line still is not good, but that defense is still filthy. It’s #1 at 250 yards per game and they’re giving up only 12.3 ppg. They need to just let Russell Wilson get healthy.
3. Minnesota Vikings (3-0) – I was not a believer, but they have dominated without Bridgewater & Adrian Peterson. Everyone is banging the drum for Belichik & Pederson, but Mike Zimmer is my coach of the year.
2. Denver Broncos (3-0) – That defense is still disruptive and Trevor Siemian is improving. He finally got Emmanuel Sanders involved last week and that didn’t hurt at all.
1. New England Patriots (3-0) – Down 2 quarterbacks and Gronk barely participated… That’s OK, neither did Houston. That was an absolute de-pantsing on National TV!!!