Fire damages SoBro restaurant Husk

(Photo: WKRN)

Click here to view all videos in this story. 

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Crews responded to a fire at popular SoBro restaurant Husk early Thursday morning.

Firefighters were called to the restaurant, located at 37 Rutledge St., around 12:30 a.m.

Click here to view photos from the scene. 

Three employees were inside the restaurant when they heard an electrical surge and smelled smoke, according to Husk’s general manager.

Fire investigators believe the fire started in a storage room before moving up a wall into the second story of the restaurant.

Crews were able to contain the fire to those two areas but told News 2 damage to the back room is significant.

The fire rekindled around 5 a.m. and crews returned to the scene.

The fire was apparently caused by the failure of the main service line to the restaurant which in turn overloaded the electrical panels.

A fire inspector at the restaurant said the fire could have rekindled because the building has been rebuilt so many times, embers may have got in between a new wall and an old wall.

It is unknown when the restaurant will reopen to the public.

(Photo: WKRN)
(Photo: WKRN)

Comments are closed.