NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Metro police took one person in custody Tuesday morning after investigating at least five separate robberies, attempted robberies and thefts overnight.
- Two men used a shotgun to take money from a gas station at 21st Avenue North and Charlotte.
- The Shell Station near 46th Avenue North and Alabama Avenue was the scene of a theft. Two men wore ski masks carried a shotgun into the store. The clerk ran into the back room, leaving the men to grab cigars and leave.
- Police reported an attempted robbery at the Sonic on Donelson Pike and Lakeland Drive near Donelson.
- Two men reportedly took money from the Holiday Inn and Suites near Franklin Pike Circle and Old Hickory Boulevard.
- The Family Dollar on 26th Avenue North and Jefferson Street was robbed by two men. They carried a handgun and kept their faces covered before taking money and leaving.
Police reported a dark-colored or silver Dodge Charger at all five of these incidents.
Eighteen-year-old Jermanine Southern was taken into custody after he was found hiding in a grassy area off Rosa L. Parks Boulevard. Southern is charged with two counts of aggravated robbery and his bond was set at $150,000.
Southern reportedly admitted to police his involvement to the gas station robberies.
No further information was immediately released.
News 2 is committed to tracking crime across Middle Tennessee. Visit wkrn.com/crimetracker for more coverage.