WKRN in beautiful Nashville, Tennessee has an immediate opening for a seasoned news topical promotion writer/producer/editor to join our team. This position requires a candidate willing to work the evening shift.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Must work closely with the Creative Services Director and Newsroom staff to conceive, write, produce and edit compelling news topicals that air on-air and online
• Collaborate with and maintain close relationships with all newsroom Producers, Managers and Executive Producers, Talent, and Production Crew in creating news topicals
• Responsible for the timely delivery of creative product
• Transmits all finished product to multiple outlets as directed
• Projects will include daily news topical promotion, proof of brand, as well as web and social drivers
• Quickly recognize and defend highly promotable news topics
• Help manage and maintain promotional inventory and traffic logs
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Creative Services
• Strong verbal and writing skills are a must
• Excellent editing and conceptual producing skills
• Proven editorial judgment
• Love and passion for news
• Social Media Fluency
• Ability to develop, brainstorm and create a variety of advertising in traditional, interactive and non-traditional media
• Work well under deadlines and be a self-starter
• Schedule, shoot, and direct on-air talent
• Microsoft Office, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and HD camera experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a collaborative team
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Must have the ability to work under tight deadlines
• Must be a team player who will take the initiative without supervision to improve on-air production.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven and creative environment.
• Excellent communicator
• Ability to learn and adjust to new television and web technology
• Periodically assist in promotional events
• A valid driver license & acceptable driving record is required
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years television promotions experience
Training/Equipment: Microsoft Word, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and familiarity with HD cameras
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures
For consideration send resume, DVD and cover letter to:
WKRN-TV – Attn: Human Resources (No phone calls please)
441 Murfreesboro Road, Nashville, TN 37210 M/F/D/V EOE
e-mail to: email@example.com
Be sure to include your name and the job title in subject line. All applicants should also apply online at mediageneral.com.
WKRN-TV is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing and background investigations. Media General, WKRN-TV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring, training or promotion of employees because of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are engaged in a continuing effort to seek out prospective applicants for employment with our company.