FRANKLIN, Tenn. (WKRN) – An upscale home was destroyed by fire in Franklin Saturday night.
It happened in the 6500 block of Stableford Lane in the Reserve at Temple Hills community around 7:30 p.m.
An official with the Williamson County Rescue Squad reported the fire began in an outside chimney with an attached roof to the home.
The fire quickly spread into the attic and roof of the 6,000 square-foot home.
The residents were home when the fire began, called 911 and were able to escape without injury.
Fire officials advise to have chimneys cleaned and inspected ensure it’s safe and professionals recommend having your chimney swept at least once a year.