Mom, 3 children escape house fire in Antioch

(Photo: WKRN)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A home in Antioch was damaged by fire early Thursday morning

(Photo: WKRN)
(Photo: WKRN)

It happened at a home in the 12000 block of Old Hickory Boulevard, near Mt. View Elementary, around 6 a.m.

Two adults and three children were inside the home at the time the fire began.

Fire officials told News 2 the home is likely a total loss. The fire was extinguished around 7:30 a.m.

On Friday, the Public Information Officer for the Nashville Fire Department, Brian Haas, told News 2, “We believe that was caused by an electrical short in the attic, possibly caused by rodents or squirrels.”

The investigation is ongoing.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s