NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Southwest Airlines celebrated their 30-year partnership with Tennessee Monday, unveiling a specialty aircraft bearing the Tennessee State flag.
A Thousand Horses held a live performance during the unveiling of the Boeing 737-700, named Tennessee One.
“Southwest has been in love with the state of Tennessee for 30 years,” said Gary Kelly, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Southwest Airlines. “What better way to pronounce our ongoing affection than by honoring the state with Tennessee One, our version of a love song dedicated to our Customers and Employees, who have been so good to Southwest all these years. This one is for YOU!”
To celebrate the new plane, Southwest launched a special fare sale with fares as low as $69 one-way from Nashville and as low as $64 one-way from Memphis to the following destinations:
- Memphis to Houston as low as $64 one-way
- Memphis to Dallas as low as $64 one-way
- Nashville to Columbus as low as $69 one-way
- Nashville to Cleveland as low as $69 one-way
- Nashville to Panama City Beach as low as $69 one-way
- Nashville to Pittsburgh as low as $69 one-way
- Nashville to Pensacola as low as $69 one-way
- Nashville to St. Louis as low as $69 one-way
The fares are available for purchase at Southwest.com or by calling 1-800-I-FLY-SWA Monday through Mar. 3, 2016, 11:59 p.m. for the respective time zone of the originating city, for domestic travel Mar. 8 through June 15, 2016