Fire extinguished at venue on 2nd Avenue in downtown Nashville

(Photo: WKRN)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Emergency crews extinguished a fire at a venue on Second Avenue North in downtown Nashville Friday morning.

It happened at The Stillery, a venue and pub that opened in the spring of 2015, around 8 a.m.

The fire began when a worker turned on a gas stove, which had a hole in a vent pipe and caused a fire to start in a wall.

Maintenance workers spotted the fire and called the fire department, who quickly extinguished the flames.

Power and gas had to be shut off to the building. It is unlikely the business will open on Friday.

Fire officials told News 2 water got into the electrical system. No one was injured.

The intersection of Broadway and Second Avenue was temporarily closed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s