NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — The Red Cross responded to a south Nashville apartment complex Saturday afternoon after a two-alarm fire displaced the residents of 25 units.
It happened at 12:30 p.m. in building seven of Landmark at Glenview Reserve Apartments at 1415 Arbor Creek Lane.
Nashville Fire Department told News 2 they believe the fire was dryer-related, but the exact cause has yet to be determined.
“Before long it was just all engulfed in flames and then the top of the roof collapsed in,” Jim Vallarta, a father of one of the tenants, told News 2.
Vallarta had just flown into town from Illinois to visit his daughter for her birthday.
“It’s really not a great way to spend birthday week no,” his daughter, Alicia, said.
Dozens of families with their children and pets watched as firefighters battled the blaze.
“Almost everybody in here has pets and children,” said Vallarta.
Alicia and her father spent the evening packing her car with everything she could save.
“There is a lot of water damage, everything is soaked. Hopefully we can recover things, I have a lot of things from my grandparents that I would really help we could recover.”
The reality of what happened is still hard for her to imagine.
“I feel like it’s not really real, but as soon as I drive away with all my stuff in the back of a car for the second time in a year its going to be hard.”
No one was injured in the fire.