NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A home in north Nashville was damaged by fire Monday afternoon.
It happened in the 1000 block of Jefferson Street around 2 a.m.
Fire crews told News 2 the homeowner was trying to use a kerosene heater to thaw his pipes.
Fire officials were able to extinguish the blaze before the fire got out of control.
“This could have been a lot worse and there is some pretty heavy damage to the house,” said Larry Jackson with the Nashville Fire Department.
“But it could have burn it a lot worse, if they hadn’t of gotten here and knocked it down real quick.”
No one was injured but the homeowners will be displaced due to the damage to the home.