NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Fire crews responded to a fire at an east Nashville apartment complex early Tuesday morning.
It happened in the 700 block of Glenview Drive around 3:15 a.m.
Two adults and an infant were removed from a bottom floor apartment and transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Public Information Officer Brian Haas said all three were treated for smoke inhalation and minor cuts.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly and kept it contained to one apartment.
Authorities said it appears one of the occupants was cooking with grease that caught fire. The occupant attempted to throw the grease outside but it caught some furniture and the doorway on fire.