CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (CLARKSVILLENOW/WKRN) – A Clarksville family of four is without a home this Christmas after a fire Wednesday afternoon destroyed their home.
Fire Marshal Ray Williams told ClarksvilleNow the fire began on Wednesday around 2 p.m. at a mobile home located at 902 Britton Springs Road.
A couple and their two children living in the home were not at home at the time of the fire.
Officials told the publication the fire started in a dryer in the utility room when the family left an appliance on while they went to the store.
The Red Cross was called in to assist the family.