Clarksville family displaced by fire Wednesday

Fire Truck Lights
(Photo: WKRN)

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (CLARKSVILLENOW/WKRN) – A Clarksville family of four is without a home this Christmas after a fire Wednesday afternoon destroyed their home.

Fire Marshal Ray Williams told ClarksvilleNow the fire began on Wednesday around 2 p.m. at a mobile home located at 902 Britton Springs Road.

A couple and their two children living in the home were not at home at the time of the fire.

Officials told the publication the fire started in a dryer in the utility room when the family left an appliance on while they went to the store.

The Red Cross was called in to assist the family.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s