Burnt popcorn prompts evacuation of Franklin High School

DO NOT USE

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (WKRN) – Someone left their popcorn in the microwave for a little too long at Franklin High School on Friday.

Authorities responded to the school for “a reported haze” around 11:30 a.m.

The Franklin Police Department said the school was evacuated while first responders investigated.

About 5 minutes later, the department announced the haze was just due to burnt popcorn in the microwave.

“When it comes to kids’ safety, we leave nothing to chance,” police said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s