NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A man was arrested Thursday after he got trapped in an air vent at a venue in downtown Nashville.
It happened at the Wildhorse Saloon, located on Second Avenue North, around 4 a.m.
Police were called to the saloon by an employee who witnessed Larico Nixon, 30, reportedly enter the business without permission.
An officer searched the building and heard shouting coming from the third floor of the venue, according to an affidavit. Nixon was discovered stuck in an air vent around 12 feet from the ground.
Officers directed him to stay where he was until the fire department could rescue him, but he reportedly ignored their commands and began to climb down using drain pipes for assistance.
After Nixon fell feet first from the vent, paramedics evaluated him and determined he was not seriously injured. He was transported to Nashville General Hospital as a precaution because he reportedly told authorities he had ingested a large amount of cocaine.
Once in the ambulance, he allegedly became combative with the accompanying officer and the ambulance had to stop so the paramedic could assist with restraining him.
Nixon was booked into the Metro jail and charged with burglary, resisting arrest and probation violation. His bond was set at $22,500.