BRENTWOOD, Tenn. (WKRN) – Fire officials believe that either wind or lightning caused two pine trees to fall on power lines attached to a Brentwood home, sparking a fire.
It happened in the 500 block of Granny White Pike Tuesday afternoon.
Authorities on the scene told News 2 the fire started in the home’s bonus room and a piece of furniture caught on fire.
One person was inside the home at the time. She was able to escape the home without injury.
The fire chief estimates the home sustained around $5,000 to $10,000 in damage.
The family will not be able to stay at the home since the power will have to be disconnected.