Severe weather possible Tuesday afternoon

weather june 30, 2015

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – There’s a possibility of severe weather Tuesday afternoon across Middle Tennessee.

There’s a 40 percent chance of scattered thundershowers from late Tuesday morning and midday through the afternoon. The storm chance is a little higher, up around 60 percent, for areas east of Interstate 65 toward the Cumberland Plateau.

There’s a slight risk of severe storms, with damaging winds the primary threat. Isolated hail and localized flooding are also possible (due to the intense downpours) but thankfully the tornado threat looks non-existent. Highs reach the upper 80s Tuesday afternoon and it will be muggy. By late afternoon and early evening most of the storms should shift to the east of Middle Tennessee and tend to die down.

Spotty storms are possible tomorrow afternoon, with more widespread downpours late Wednesday into early Thursday. We’ll keep an eye on the severe weather threat overnight. Highs may be limited to the low 80s Thursday and Friday as rain chances remain high.

Right now we’re calling for a 50 percent chance of storms on Saturday, possibly in both the morning and afternoon, but we’re hopeful that the storms fizzle in time for evening Fourth of July fireworks. Highs then should only reach the middle 80s.

Look for a similar forecast on Sunday, when temperatures will be closer to 90 degrees.

Stay up to date with all your weather needs at

For the latest forecast, check

Get the latest weather alerts at

Send us your weather photos and videos to

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s