Franklin strip mall saved by sprinklers when restaurant catches fire

Chopstix

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (WKRN) – A restaurant in a $3 million strip mall in Franklin caught fire Monday afternoon but was saved by fire sprinklers.

Fire officials said Chopstix, one of 11 businesses in the building at 1441 New Highway 96 West, caught fire inside an indoor commercial smokehouse.

After employees tried to fight the flames with an extinguisher but were unsuccessful, the fire continued to grow.

The automatic sprinklers ultimately went off, extinguishing the fire before firefighters arrived. They also prevented the fire from spreading to neighboring businesses.

Damage was estimated at $50,000, according to Franklin Fire Investigator Lt. Michael Henderson.

Chopstix is closed for repairs, but other businesses in the building are open. There is no word on when it will reopen.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s