RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has indicted 22 individuals accused of being involved in a large-scale drug operation that allegedly involved two separate in-home daycare’s in Rutherford County.
The TBI, Rutherford County Sheriff’s Officer and the Murfreesboro Police Department began investigating the drug operation, which included the sale and distribution of cocaine and heroin, last July.
According to the TBI, investigators seized about two kilograms of cocaine, 8 to 10 ounces of heroin and 13 guns.
Among those implicated in the operation is the now-former director of human resources in Wilson County, Christina Woodward.
The county’s mayor, Randall Hutto, said she passed a background check and drug screening when she was hired in 2013.
He said she resigned in November 2014 to take care of her father-in-law battling cancer.
Two other people affiliated with two separate in-home daycare centers in Rutherford County were also among those who were indicted.
‘Ms. Keisha’s Kids’ was operated from Lakeisha Smith and Jamarr Kuilan’s residence on Bradyville Pike.
“I was basically shocked. If you are going to run a daycare you don’t need to have no [sic] drugs around. It’s dangerous for little kids,” said a neighbor who didn’t want to be identified.
‘Angels Day Care’ was operated from a residence in which Eric Patton lived on Weybridge Drive.
The day care’s operator is not implicated in the case.
“I feel sad for the children and the parents who may not have known,” said a woman who lives nearby who also did not want to be identified.
She said she noticed traffic in and out of the house at night. She said she wasn’t surprised when she saw law enforcement raid the home.
“We woke up to several unmarked police cars, several other officers pulling televisions, what we believe were guns, probably drugs out of the home,” said the neighbor.
The investigation also revealed Rawle Cecil Chapman and Latrisha Lashaun Chapman used their affiliation with Church Street New and Used Tires to distribute drugs.
Of the 22 indicted, 12 have been taken into custody. See the full list below:
- Eric Tyran Patton (Wanted)
- Jamarr Juan Kuilan, 30, Murfreesboro (Arrested)
- Juan Angel Kuilan, 50, Murfreesboro (Arrested)
- Pequandre Dejuan Manley (Arrested)
- Wayne Roger LeBlanc (Wanted)
- Kimberly Renee Jordan, 46, Murfreesboro (Arrested)
- Christina Woodward (Wanted)
- Lakeisha Dawn Smith, 38, Murfreesboro (Arrested)
- Crystal Leeann Hill (Wanted)
- Sarah Madelyn Potter (Wanted)
- Deonte Lamont Patton (Wanted)
- Arron Douglas Patton (Wanted)
- Carlos Antron Crawford (Wanted)
- Michael Lamont Simpson (Wanted)
- John Eric Henderson, 21, Smyrna (Arrested)
- Jefferey Allen Walker, 39, Murfreesboro (Arrested)
- James Kenneth Walker, 45, Murfreesboro (Arrested)
- Brandon Scott Ford (Arrested)
- Brandon Jackson Hart (Wanted)
- Vickie Lynn Brown, 44, Nashville (Arrested)
- Rawle Cecil Chapman, 36, La Vergne (Arrested)
- Latrisha Lashaun Chapman (Arrested)
The three agencies, with the assistance of the U.S. Marshals Service, arrested the individual’s bolded above and booked them into the Rutherford County Jail on a variety of bond amounts.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of the remaining individuals should contact the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.