Residents believe lightning caused fire that destroyed Antioch home

Antioch house fire (April 3, 2015)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The residents of an Antioch home that was destroyed by fire Friday believe lightning may have sparked the blaze.

It started around 6 p.m. on Grapeleaf Way. The home was gutted due to the fire.

Morgan Brumfield, who lived in the house, told News 2 she was shocked to learn about the blaze.

“I got a text message from my mother telling me that there was a fire, and at first I thought she was joking, then I realized she was serious about it. Then come to find out there was a thunderstorm and the lightning hit the front of our house,” explained Brumfield.

The cause of the fire remains under investigation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s