NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – There is no shortage of community Easter egg hunts this weekend throughout Middle Tennessee.
- ‘Extravaganzoo’ will have 10 hunts for the kids pretty much all day Saturday with special golden eggs spread throughout the zoo. There will be other activities like bounce houses and face painting. It’s from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and to get in you just pay the standard zoo admission fee.
- Cheekwood has 30,000 eggs ready to go for their Spring Art Hop. The Easter egg hunting and art projects are for all ages. Saturday really kicks off their ‘Cheekwood in Bloom’ series so they urge you to take a stroll through the gardens to see everything that is budding. The Art Hop is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It’s $17 for adults and $10 for kids. If you are a member its $5 for adults and free for kids.
- The Warner Park Nature Center is having an egg hunt from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday. It’s free and open to all ages but they ask you call ahead to register at 615-352-6299.
- Donelson Fellowship’s Community Easter EGGstravaganza at Two Rivers Park from 10 a.m.to 2 p.m. on Saturday. It’s free and will have egg hunts at 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., inflatable games and slides, train, face painting, prizes, food vendors.
- The Hermitage’s Easter Extravanganza has hunts on Saturday at 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m. for kids 10 years old and younger. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- If you’re interested in taking a road trip just 45 minutes outside of Nashville to Rutherford County’s Lucky Ladd Farms. The Easter bunny will be there with 15,000 eggs. They call it a chaos free egg hunt because you can hunt at your leisure and their field makes for plenty of room to run around. Their friendly animals will be there of course some of them even look like Easter eggs.
- Mt. Juliet’s “Great Easter Bash” on Saturday at Charlie Daniels Park has 60,000 eggs, inflatables, pony and train rides. Their two hunts at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. are divided by age.
- Greenbrier High School in Robertson County has an egg hunt and carnival to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday. The Easter egg hunt is free and the carnival is $5.