NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A vigil was held Wednesday night in honor of a father and his 4-year-old daughter both killed in a house fire last week.
Stefan Lavender and his daughter Stephine died in a fire that broke out in the early morning hours of March 26.
Wednesday night’s vigil was in front of the family’s fire-damaged home at 241 Foster Street at 7 p.m.
Officials said last week’s fire was caused by the home’s kitchen stove.
There was no evidence of smoke alarms inside the home.
Two other children inside at the time of the tragic fire sustained minor burns.
Donations to can be made at First Tennessee Bank under The Otey Family Memorial Fund. A YouCaring account was also set up to help the family. Click here to donate.