SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Authorities say an autopsy on actor Robin Williams found no alcohol or illegal drugs in his system when he committed suicide at his Northern California home in August.
The Marin County sheriff’s office released the autopsy results Friday. It found Williams had taken prescription medications, but in “therapeutic concentrations.”
The coroner ruled his death a suicide that resulted from asphyxia due to hanging.
Sheriff’s officials have said Williams was found in the bedroom of his home on the morning of Aug. 11.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Aug. 14, 2014: Robin William’s wife: He had Parkinson’s disease
- Aug. 13, 2014: Robin Williams’ Napa Valley home still for sale after death
- Aug. 12, 2014: Robin Williams’ Instagram photos give glimpse into personal life
- Aug. 12, 2014: Robin Williams shot movie at Nashville store, visited with owners for hours
- Aug. 11, 2014: Sheriff: Comedian Robin Williams hanged himself