Woodland Hills escapee identified as suspect in TSU shooting arrested

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A Woodland Hills escapee who remained on the loose for nearly two months has been arrested in connection to a shooting near the campus of Tennessee State University.

De’Mario Fisher was arrested early Friday night on Moorewood Court by Metro police.

Police were notified of Fisher’s location from a tip that came into 911.

When officers responded to the scene they found several people in the home and identified a man standing in the kitchen as Fisher.

The occupants were ordered to come out the front door of the home but Fisher retreated to the back where he tried to escape out of a rear window.

The home was surrounded by authorities prior to entry and Fisher was diverted back inside.

He complied with the commands and was taken into custody, but after he was placed in handcuffs he began to struggle with police.

He then tried to run away and a black semi-automatic handgun loaded with 12 bullets fell out of his waistband. Several officers were able to take Fisher to the ground and subdue him.

A check of the serial number on the gun revealed that it was stolen out of Clarksville.

Fisher was booked into the Metro jail on $300,000 bond. He was charged with resisting and evading arrest, theft and unlawful possession of a weapon. He is also being charged with especially aggravated robbery, aggravated assault and unlawful possession for Wednesday night’s shooting near TSU.

Authorities said two female students, both freshmen, were walking back to campus from a Wendy’s restaurant around 9:30 p.m. When they reached the intersection of 31st Avenue North and John A. Merritt Boulevard they were approached by a male in a car.

The man then got out of his vehicle and attempted to take the victim’s backpack. A struggle ensued and one woman was placed in a headlock, thrown to the ground and then shot in the shoulder, thigh and abdomen.

The second woman was grazed by a bullet. Both women were taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center. They have since been released from the hospital and are expected to recover.

Fisher, who turned 18 on Friday, was one of 32 juveniles who escaped the facility on Sept. 2. He was the only one who was still on the loose.

The teen was added to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation’s “Most Wanted List” earlier this month.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s