Sandy Hook Elementary School evacuated due to threat

Video purports to show Islamic State beheading of hostage Alan Henning (Image 1)

MONROE, Conn. (AP) – A threat has led to the evacuation of the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

Nancy Bartosik of the superintendent’s office in the town of Monroe says the students are being moved Wednesday to a nearby school where they can be picked up by their parents. She says she does not immediately have information on the nature of the threat.

A gunman killed 20 first-grade students and six educators at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on December 2012. The students resumed classes in a school in the neighboring town of Monroe, also called Sandy Hook Elementary School. The original school building was torn down last year.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s