After 37 years of baseball, the Nashville Sounds are set to leave Greer Stadium.
With the 2014 season coming to a close, fans and employees are getting a Last Cheer at Greer.
The final Sounds home game of the regular season is Wednesday, which could be the final game there.
SLIDESHOW: Nashville Sounds to move to Sulphur Dell
But the Sounds are fighting for first place in the Pacific Coast League American Southern division.
If the Sounds make the playoffs for the first time since 2007, there would be at least one home game in the postseason.
The brand new First Tennessee Park is set to open in time for the 2015 season.
On Monday, season ticket holders got the opportunity to pick out seats for next year.
Eighteen-year season ticket holder Patti Zimmerman was among those.
“We were like 12-year-olds,” Zimmerman said. “We put our pins in and we were just thrilled.”
The team’s new $37 million ballpark near downtown Nashville is scheduled to be completed in time for the start of the 2015 season. It will also feature a guitar scoreboard similar to Greer’s.
- August 21, 2014: Nashville Sounds finish out final season at Greer Stadium
- August 20, 2014: Sounds release season ticket information for First Tennessee Park
- July 8, 2014: Nashville Sounds host virtual tour of new ballpark
- June 20, 2014: Sounds unveil new, modern guitar scoreboard for First Tennessee Park
- April 22, 2014: New Sounds stadium at Sulphur Dell to be named First Tennessee Park
- April 11, 2014: Nashville Sounds play last season opener at Greer Stadium
- March 21, 2014: Construction underway at Sulphur Dell for new Sounds stadium
- Jan. 27, 2014: Groundbreaking held for new Sounds ballpark at Sulphur Dell
- Dec. 18, 2013: Seats already sold for new Sounds ballpark at Sulphur Dell
- Dec. 16, 2013: Pictures emerge of ballpark as state approves design
- Dec. 3, 2013: New Sounds stadium at Sulphur Dell moves forward
- Nov. 22, 2013: State panel invites public to Sounds stadium meeting Monday
- Nov. 19, 2013: Metro Council gives initial approval to build new Sounds ballpark
- Nov. 19, 2013: Sounds stadium deal short time approval called ‘disrespectful’
- Oct. 23, 2013: 100 people attend meeting to discuss Sounds’ stadium at Sulphur Dell
- Aug. 21, 2013: $80M Nashville Sounds stadium proposed for Sulphur Dell
- Sept. 28, 2011: 6 locations in consideration for new Sounds stadium
- Dec. 21, 2009: New baseball stadium talks revived