Crews have repaired a four-inch natural gas line ruptured near the Providence Marketplace in Mt. Juliet that forced the evacuation of nearby residents late Wednesday morning.
The gas line, located behind the movie theater off Providence Parkway, burst just before 11 a.m. after a water utility contractor struck the line while doing repair work.
Residents in the immediate area were advised to leave or stay indoors as Piedmont Natural Gas worked to repair the break.
Crews completed the repair work around 1 p.m., allowing activities to return to normal in the area.
“Everything was calm and safe. Piedmont worked hard and fast to make the repair quickly,” Tyler Chandler with Mt. Juliet police said.
Police said there have been no reports of injuries, but said if anyone is unusually tired or suffering from chest pains they should go to the hospital to be checked out.