Fire officials in Seattle say a man using a lighter and a can of spray paint to kill a spider inadvertently set his house on fire.
According to KOMO-TV, a man who lived at the house confirmed to firefighters that he was trying to kill a spider in his laundry room using a lighter when the wall caught fire.
The house, which was a rental, sustained about $40,000 worth of damage. It should cost another $20,000 to replace the contents of the home, the Seattle Fire Department said.
It’s unclear if the spider survived the fire.